ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The privacy statement is only applicable to https://www.esharp.com.my/ (“Site”) owned and operated by Sharp Electronics (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates (“SHARP”). The following items below serve as a notice to inform you of the practices and options you can make about how your information is collected online and how that information will be used.
1) Your personal information including but not limited to your name, address, contact details such as e-mail address, and/or telephone number which you have provided will be collected by SHARP. You may amend or update either online or otherwise when you register for eSharp account, register your product, sign up for product information and/or participate in direct marketing activities such as online promotion and lucky draws. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to any and all such access and/or transfers of your personal information and its use according to this privacy statement.
2) SHARP will use your personal information for the following purposes:
2.1 provide service and support
2.2 communicate with you about products and services
2.3 direct marketing
2.4 performance evaluation for ads and marketing initiatives
2.5 providing customised promotional offers
2.6 monitor usage and improve the contents of this site
2.7 update you about the latest services and benefits
2.8 allow you to participate in surveys and contests
2.9 communicate to you certain selected contents
2.10 contact you about SHARP products or services
Should you decide not to receive direct marketing materials from us, please select your decision accordingly in the eSharp registration form.
3) SHARP may provide this personal information to other entities of SHARP, SHARP’s suppliers and agents, or suppliers and agents of SHARP’s affiliated within the purpose of use described in Sections 2, but it will not share or disclose your personal information to other third-parties without your permission unless:
(i) required to do so in compliance with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order;
(ii) required to comply with the request of a government, regulatory or law enforcement agency;
(iii) for investigation purposes and help to prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
(iv) to enforce/protect the rights and properties of SHARP or its affiliates; or
(v) to protect the rights or personal safety of SHARP employees and third parties.
4) If you are under the age of 18, you are requested to obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before any of your personal information is submitted.
5) You may always update your personal information at your own discretion. If you registered your details for eSharp registration online, please update your personal details by logging on to the website.
6) While complying with applicable laws and regulations, SHARP will make ongoing efforts to constantly upgrade and improve measures taken to protect your personal information.
7) SHARP will make reasonable efforts to maintain and improve security to ensure that personal information is managed safely.
1) This Site may provide links to third-party websites. When you leave the website for third-party websites, these third-party websites are not controlled by SHARP and whose privacy practices may differ from SHARP’s practices.
3) This Site may provide social media features that enable you to share SHARP information with your social networks and to interact with SHARP on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. Please review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact so as to ensure that you understand the information that could be shared by those sites.
4) SHARP hereby expressly disclaims to the maximum extent permissible at law any liability for the privacy and/or security practices included on or operated by third party websites and social media sites.
1) Should there be any changes in Privacy Statement it will be published here.
2) Any significant changes made to our privacy statement may be notified by other means, such as sending an electronic mail or posting a notice on our home page.
1) If you have comments or questions about this privacy statement, please send them to: WebMaster Sharp Online Store
2) Please be advised that any form of communication sent to this site, be it ideas, suggestions or any other e-mail, will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.